Above is a screenshot of an email I received from Amazon Kindle on the 1st of December 2012 when my second book was successfully published on Kindle Store.
There is hardly a better way to gain authority and credibility in your field, career or passion, than to become a published author.
And when the book is published on Amazon, underneath it, your name, there is a ripple of personal pride you inaudibly celebrate.
Then add that to the money you make and the caliber of audience you reach, it’s simply a nice way to boost your writing career.
Sounds like what you want?
Introducing – Complete Guide to Format, Publish and Sell your Book on Kindle
To help you self-publish your book on Kindle from Nigeria or any African country, I have created a complete step by step guide with the sole purpose; to get the above message from Amazon ‘Kindle Direct Publishing’ right in your inbox.
By the time you are done reading this 4409 words, 22 screenshots, 25 pages, practical do it yourself guide, you’ll;
- Create an eBook in Kindle compatible format
- Upload it with the cover design to Kindle store
- Publish your book on Kindle
- And start selling your book
It doesn’t matter if you are from Nigeria or anywhere in Africa… This is the same process I used to successfully publish two books on Kindle.
Your book will be available for sale after review and approval by Amazon KDP editorial team.
For the benefit of other readers who do not understand what Kindle is, let me briefly explain.
What is Amazon Kindle?
Amazon Kindle Store is an online store for sale of digital books in Kindle format.
Kindle is a device by Amazon, that lets readers download and read digital books in Kindle and .mobi formats.
Just like PDF document format is for Adobe, .docx format is for Microsoft; Kindle works with different document format .prc, .mobi.
Currently, the Kindle device is not distributed in most African countries including Nigeria. Here is an article I wrote about the limitations of publishing on Kindle as a Nigerian and African. However, with kindle applications, you can download ‘Kindle for PC’, ‘Kindle for Android’, ‘Kindle for Windows phone’ and read kindle books on any device.
So you don’t need to own a Kindle device to read kindle eBooks.
Why should you Self-Publish on Kindle?
Amazon is the largest book-seller on the planet. The online retail company claims that Kindle eBook sales have overtaken print sales. “For every 100 hardcover and paperback books sold, 114 eBooks are downloaded by customers on Amazon”, they said.
If this is true, what this means is that readers are now buying more eBooks than all hardcover and paperbacks combined.
- Amazon’s annual revenue from book sales is at $5.25 billion
- eBooks make up around 30% of all book sales in US
- Amazon has a 65% share in book sales
- An astonishing 86% of Amazon top 2500 Titles are ebooks
- John Locke sold one million self published ebooks in 5 months on Kindle
- Stieg Larsson (the first to reach 1 million book sales), James Patterson, Nora Roberts, Charlaine Harris, Lee Child, Suzanne Collins, Michael Connelly have all sold over one million copies of eBooks on Amazon Kindle.
Of course these successes did not happen overnight; however they are proof of the potential of publishing your book on Amazon Kindle Store.
You may not end up in the list of Kindle Millionaire club anytime soon; may be not in the Africa bestsellers list either.
The important thing is that you can finally get that book idea in your brain folder or the written content in your document folder in the front of book buyers.
You can finally turn your passion for writing into a source of income by creating content to make an impact in the lives of other people.
Amazon provides the tools you need to publish you book online regardless of your location or nationality.
What tools do you need to perform this task?
To successfully get your book on Kindle store, you need to have a professional looking document formatted for Kindle. Here are tools you’ll need;
- Microsoft Word: to write and format your eBook
- An ecover for your book
- A robust tool to format your book to (.prc) Kindle readable format
- Kindle Application: for previewing your converted kindle eBook. More like a simulator to see how your book will look on Kindle device.
And you are good to go.
Enter your email address in the form below and get instant access to download a copy