Let’s face it; it’s crowded and noisy out there.
Everyone is screaming from the background to get their voice and message heard. While a tiny percentage is busy controlling 98% of the entire audience attention.
You are passionate about what you do or want to do. You have a brilliant idea you want to share with the world.
You want to:
- Attract the right prospects to your business
- Convert prospects to customers and
- Take your business from a state of being unknown to recognition and significant
But there is just one problem. Who is going to give attention to a drowning voice of ‘yet another attention-seeker’?
You hear that with social media, you can skyrocket your business to great heights. You jump at the opportunity; create a Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Linkedin accounts. Set them up for business and wait for the magic to start happening.
Then all you hear is the deafening silence of chirping crickets.
You can’t tell any difference between when you starting this online thing and now. Nothing much has changed so far.
“How do I tame this beast called ‘marketing’ and get it to work at my command?” you ask.
In this series of post, you will learn how to take your business from a state of constant struggle in the background, to a state of significance and recognition.
How Technology Empowered You to Succeed
Early 2012, I found myself in a conference room filled with representatives from companies like Preparation For Life, Jobberman and other education related businesses. It was the first Google Nigeria interactive session on how to use Google plus to grow your business in Nigeria.
According to Google team, the event was for Stakeholders in the Education industry. Each organization was ably represented by at least two staffs, except ‘my organization’. It was just me representing my online platform.
They classified my online property as a Non Governmental Organization. But what they did not know back then was that the so called organization was the work of one motivated young graduate with a laptop in a small apartment.
After that meeting, I have been privileged to attend several invite-only Google programs, including 2013 Google End of the Year Party, alongside company representatives from Konga, Gtbank etc. All for leveraging technology to build a resourceful platform without prior experience.
Though a lot has changed on how I run my business, now working with a team, I still marvel at the huge opportunity the internet presents to anyone who is willing to play.
Sadly, most people who need to know this are not aware or are not taking this seriously.
I’m so enthusiastic about my experience that I want to share what I learn with fellow creative entrepreneurs and business owners.
On the internet, everyday people and businesses can go from obscurity to carve out huge fans and followers that will help boost their career or business.
How is this possible?
Three Major Reasons for Poor Performance
Three major reasons have kept you from achieving you goal to promote your Business to the limelight:
- Lack of Strategy – Why do every business need an effective ongoing strategy? Because you need competitive advantage. Without competition, there is no need for strategy. But almost every lucrative niche you can think of is already crowded. You need an effective marketing strategy to rise above the crowd. The good news is that majority of the crowd don’t have a strategy. They are just followers. With a strategy, you can find your way out of the tunnel of obscurity.
- Lack of Courage to build an authority Platform – Do you think the richest people in your field are the smartest? Do you think President Obama is the greatest orator alive? What is the difference between sachet-water and bottle-water? The primary ingredient you need to stand out from the crowd is not more information; it is not more knowledge; neither is it more qualification. The ingredient you need is the courage to mount a platform and stand out. Fortunately, courage is not the absence of fear, but the knowledge that something else is more important.
- Lack of focus – Seriously! Isn’t it time your quit trying everything? Information overload is holding you from achieving your goals and you are letting it. Now is the time to resolve to get focused or continue wallowing in obscurity!
These three concepts form the foundation of what you will learn as a Content Creator, entrepreneur and/or Business Owner in this series.
- Do you want to turn your passion, skills, hobby, interest or ideas into content people want to consume, attract the right audience and make more money with your intellectual property?
- Do you want to attract more prospects to your business and make more sales?
- Do you want to create cost effective marketing strategies that get results?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, I am here to help.
I have been in the same situation of not knowing where to start from or who to talk to when I started online marketing.
I know the frustration of having eBooks, services, trainings and even physical products to sell but not knowing how to reach more customers/clients and make more sales.
You feel ignored and rejected not because you’re not smart, knowledgeable or passionate enough but because you are isolated from the right information.
The truth is;
Your business, idea or passion deserves attention.
You are smart.
Your opinion does matter.
The only thing holding you back is a lack of understanding and informed strategy to play the game; and yes, online marketing is a game. There are winners, and there are losers. The good news is that you can decide to win or lose.
So how can you build a platform and move your business from where you are right now to a place of significance and recognition?
This post is the first part of my series on How to Market Your Business From Obscurity to Celebrity.
Subscribe to Stay tuned and be notified when the next part is published.
Leave a Reply